Friday, August 22, 2014

Get to know the teachers

We put together a little information about ourselves, so you can get to know us and our backgrounds a little more. 

Miss Wendland
I received my Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood in December of 2011 from Martin Luther College in New Ulm, MN. After graduation, I traveled to Zambia, Africa where I taught English for 3 months. When I returned to the USA, I moved to Anchorage where I taught my first year at Faith Lutheran School in the elementary school - departmentalized English and Spelling. That first year was also the preschool start-up year, where we began investigating what it would take to have a preschool here at Faith. With the Lord's blessings, we opened our doors at Faith Lutheran Preschool in October of 2013. I am now starting my 3rd year of teaching.

Fun facts:

  • My father was a missionary in Africa, so I grew up there from 1991-2003.
  • I have a twin brother (I also have an older brother, a younger sister, and 3 half-sisters).
  • My older brother and younger sister are also Early Childhood majors (it must run in the family).
  • I can play the violin and piano.
  • My favorite food is homemade, REAL, garlic mashed potatoes.

Miss Zarnstorff
I am a born and raised Alaskan! After high school I attended the same college as Miss Wendland and received the same degree as Miss Wendland. Shortly after graduation, I taught preschool at a sister church in New London, WI. I then returned to Anchorage mostly because I was homesick (once an Alaskan, always an Alaskan). Upon my return, I found a job at a local daycare. I spent my days, up until recently,  taking care of wonderful little infants. I now look forward to spending the next year exploring the preschool setting once again! 

Fun facts: 

  • I love traveling! (I've been to 23 of the 50 states).
  • I broke my first bone at the age of 23 but I didn't spill the coffee!(Ask Ms. Wendland).  
  • Due to the previous fact, I now have a metal screw in my toe.
  • I love photography, kayaking, and playing tennis.
  • In my family, all the boys' names start with T and all the girls' names start with C.
  • My favorite color is orange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment